Wednesday 31 August 2016

Freedom Film Festival



Freedom FilmFest



This year, the theme is ‘What Lies Beneath’. I came to the screening on the first day of Freedom FilmFest. There are opening ceremony going on after dinner time. The organization team was giving speech on stage and explaining on this year theme.

(Retrieved from http://allevents.in/petaling%2520jaya/freedom-film-fest-2016/80002475967517)


We had watched three films which are ‘Kisah Ayahku’, ‘Unlocking  Bengoh’, ‘Kisah Pelayaran Ke Terengganu’. I like ‘Kisah Ayahku’ the most. This film is discussing on the Malaysia’s Internal Security Act. People is sent to jail without any reason and they all are under torture. Here is another issue raised again. Torture! This has been discussed for many years. Torture is a crime actually and it shouldn’t be happened. Sometimes people are afraid of speaking their thoughts or opinions. We should protect our own human rights.  Voice out if there is necessary. The issue which stated in the film is communist leanings. The detainees all are under threaten. We should magnify this issue and try to apply to today’s society. Back then, they are afraid of voicing out. Now, some people dare to do so but they will definitely send to jail. So, as young generation, we need to learn to protect our own human right.
(Retrieved from http://freedomfilmfest.komas.org/stories-from-my-father/)

(Retrieved from https://twitter.com/freedomfilmfest)

(Retrieved from https://twitter.com/freedomfilmfest)


After attending this Freedom FilmFest, I have a strong feeling which I would like to be part of this big family. I read the programmes book and found that there will be film screening tour in different locations such as Johor Bahru and Muar. My hometown is Muar and the screening date is on 25/9/2016. I wanted to be helper and Dr Andrew helped me to contact the director. Thank you very much. They were giving me a fast response, saying that they lack of helpers. I am so lucky and I am very excited towards the film screening at Muar. I think this festival did raise awareness among the society. People starts to realise the importance of human rights. I am so glad to attend this event.


No comments:

Post a Comment