Sunday 17 July 2016

Main Puteri



Main Puteri

From the documentary, I understand more about ‘Main Puteri’. It is indigenous Kelantanese healing ceremony in which the bomoh, the sick individual and other participants become spirit-medium through whom puteri are able to enact a permainan. I found that actually it is quite similar to Chinese folk religion, ‘tangki’ (In Hokkien). They are the person who believed to have chosen by god. Some believer did look for ‘tangki’ to treat illness. Sometimes they are suspected to be ‘kong tao’ (Black magic). It is kinda interesting to find the similarity among religions. Perhaps I should go and read up more cultural related issue. Besides that, UTAR students did a great job. I hope to be like them in future.

(Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSKYGSq4cow)


I have questions!

  1. I am impressed by the editing techniques. May I know how do you edit the earth part and slowly linked to the road pathway?
  2. What inspired you to select this issue for your FYP? 

No comments:

Post a Comment